Experience Golf The Way It Began.
Set hard against the Atlantic Ocean on Scotland’s west coast, the award-winning Machrihanish Dunes shares breathtaking views and a majestic dunescape with the neighboring Machrihanish Golf Club, a world-top-100 course laid out in 1879 by Old Tom Morris himself. More than 100 years later, renowned present-day golf course architect, David McLay Kidd, realized a longstanding dream to build a second course and added to the number of Scottish links golf courses at Machrihanish Dunes. This “new” course, situated on pristine linksland protected by the Scottish government, offers you a rare opportunity to create and craft golf shots just as the men of Scotland did centuries ago, when they conceived the game, brought it to birth – and gave it to the world. Machrihanish Dunes encourages thought, creativity and imagination. For the golfer who accepts the invitation and the challenge, the reward is a truly unforgettable experience.
Since opening in 2009, the golf links at “Mach Dunes” have received numerous recognitions as one of the great golfing experiences one will find anywhere in the world. We are humbled by these recognitions that include awards for excellence in overall experience, service, sustainability and of course–the quality of the golf course.
A few recent awards include (click here to see a full list):
Top Scottish Golf Course Awards
- Bunkered Magazine: 2013 “Scotland’s Best Experience“
- Golf Digest: 2014 “Top 36 Destinations for Buddy Trips“
- Golf Tourism Scotland: 2013 “Resort Experience of the Year“
- Golf Tourism Scotland: 2013 “GEO Sustainability Award“
- National Club Golfer: 2013 “Top 100 Course Under £100“
- Golfweek Magazine: 2013 “Best Modern Courses in GB&I“
- Golf World Magazine: 2013 “Top 100 Courses in Scotland“
- National Club Golfer: 2013 “Britain’s Top 100 Links Courses“
- Golf World Magazine: 2012 “Top 100 Fun Courses in GB&I“
- ABTA Golf Magazine: 2012 “#1 Eco Course in the World“